Turin, 1815 – 1889
He graduated in civil architecture in Turin in 1837 with Bonsignore and Talucchi. In 1838 he also gained the title of hydraulic engineer and entered the Civil Engineers corps. In 1846 he was posted to the Railways Office in Turin and Moncalieri and worked on the construction of the Turin-Genoa railway. In 1859 he was elected to the Subalpine Parliament. His architectural designs feature complex, functional forms with a clear sense of balance.