Kovno (Lituania), 1895 c. – Rome, 1975
Painter and sculptor. After studying music in London and spending time in Paris, she moved to Rome in 1924 and there began painting. She joined Mario Mafai in the house which was to become the 'Via Cavour School'. She began working on sculpture in the 1930's, influenced by J. Epstein in London, but above all by Maillol. After the war and a lengthy, solitary artistic career, she only achieved critical acclaim in the 1950's.