Genova, 1901 – Turin, 1999
Painter. In Turin from 1912, he graduated in Law and Economics and then, encouraged by Casorati (with whom he opened a studio in 1934) he began painting, from 1924 exhibiting in Turin and at the most important Italian exhibitions, to great acclaim. In 1926 he took up with Futurism in Turin, and in 1929 he became part of the Six Painters of Turin. From 1928 he worked as an art critic on the magazine 'Casabella'. Teacher of painting at the Accademia Albertina, he became director in 1955.