Leeds (Gran Bretagna), 1881 – Moncrivello (VC), 1956
After studying music, she moved to Italy in 1906. In Turin from 1913 to 1928 she was a lady companion in the Gualino household, and in the meantime encountered the Casorati school. She began exhibiting in 1923, taking part in the Venice Biennales in 1926, 1928, and 1930 with works which owe much to the French style, above all to Matisse. She became part of the group of the Six Painters of Turin in 1929, but left them in 1930.