Chambéry (Francia), 1825 – Turin, 1903
He attended the Regia Accademia Militare in Turin, and studied painting with A. Beccaria and A. Gastaldi. In Paris (1849-53) on commission from the minister La Marmora, he created an album of lithographs of the campaigns of 1848-49. Professor at the Accademia Albertina, he also drew horses for Vittorio Emanuele, and advised Marocchetti for the Carlo Alberto monument (1855). In 1881-91 he designed the monument dedicated to La Marmora in Turin.