Lugano, 1815 – Turin, 1884
Painter. He began working in the workshop of the Italian set designer Nannini in Odessa, and perfected his studies with the support of the Voroncov princes, with a study tour of Rome and Naples. He moved to Italy in 1843, first to Milan then to Turin, and up to 1861 travelled continuously around Europe and the Mediterranean, engaged in a prolific period of landscape painting and reporting. His landscapes are mainly in tempera and often made into etchings and colour prints.