MELOTTI FaustoRovereto (TN), 1901 - Milan, 1986
He attended drawing classes in Rovereto, then moved to Florence (1915) and studied electrical engineering in Pisa and Milan. Subsequently he took up sculpture with P. Canonica in Turin (1925) and A. Wildt in Brera (1928). This is where he met Fontana. In 1934 he joined the Milan group 'Milione' and held his first personal exhibition in those circles in 1935. In the 1940's and 1950's he worked above all on ceramics, prior to his numerous recent accolades.