Bologna, 1775 – Torino, 1860
Painter, interior designer, sculptor, architect. He trained in Rome from 1806 in neo-Classical circles with V. Camuccini, and began painting portraits and historical subjects. In 1815 he moved to Milan and in 1818 he began teaching at Brera, with an approach to the romantic historicism of Hayez. In 1832 he was called to Turin by Carlo Alberto to supervise the redecoration of the Royal Residences (Racconigi Castle, the Royal Palace and Pollenzo Castle). He finished work on the bronze Monumento al Conte Verde in Turin in 1853.