Invozio di Valduggia (VC), 1748 – Milan, 1838
Painter. After studying in Parma, he moved to Turin in 1774, attracting the King's attention, then in 1777 moved to Rome, under the protection of Cardinal Albani, and studied with A. R. Mengs. In 1789 Vittorio Amedeo III appointed him court painter. When the French arrived he returned to his native Valsesia, then in 1802 moved to Milan, where he became popular as a portrait painter. Despite having his right hand amputated in 1809 he continued with a very successful career.